> On Apr 19, 2017, at 4:14 PM, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal
> <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
> Those functions simply store (setjmp) and restore (longjmp) register values
> (and setjmp also returns the value passed to longjmp if it had been reached
> by a longjmp). Nothing more, nothing less. So while the stack register while
> be changed, the contents on the stack will not.

Why doesn’t “i” in my example increment? The value keeps going back to 1 even
after I used += 1 so its like the old copy of the stack before the jump got
pushed back on top and it started over. I don’t understand how assembly works
but I thought it would just start over and the state of the stack in that
function would still be the same as before so I could keep adding 1 every pass.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph