Yes, I did get the test.png file..  I understand the concept now.  Aggpas
figures out what the status of the pixels should be then you update the screen
with those pixels.

-----Original Message-----
From: fpc-pascal [mailto:fpc-pascal-boun...@lists.freepascal.org] On Behalf Of
Graeme Geldenhuys
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2017 6:05 PM
To: fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org
Subject: Re: [fpc-pascal] FPC Graphics options?

On 2017-05-15 20:50, James Richters wrote:
> see it is going into aggpas units, but I do not get any graphical
> window, I don't get any errors either, it just runs and exits.

The example is a pure console application with no output to any display.
Instead it generates a "test.png" file as its output. If you ran the
Agg2DConsole binary from a command line, there should be a "test.png"
image in that same directory.

As I mentioned, AggPas can use allocated memory, array, a memory image etc as
its rendering buffer. If you want a graphical console program
(eg: using Linux Console Framebuffer) using AggPas, then render your
application output via AggPas to a memory image, then bitblit that image to the
console graphics output in whatever paint event you have available.

Using AggPas with desktop GUI applications works pretty much identical as
above, except it bitblit's the memory image to the Window Canvas.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/