On 19/05/17 16:15, Sven Barth via fpc-pascal wrote:
> Am 19.05.2017 14:53 schrieb "Lukasz Sokol"
> <el.es...@gmail.com
> <mailto:el.es...@gmail.com>>:

>>> Drivers (at least kernel mode drivers) must be 64-bit on 64-bit
>>> Windows (and also basically every other system I'm aware of).
>>> However it's perfectly possible to talk with a 64-bit driver from
>>> a 32-bit application. And no, you can't load a 32-library from a
>>> 64-bit process.
>>
>> This one is not a kernel-mode (at least so I think because the
>> same installation succeeds both on 32bit XPSP3, and in recent Win10
>> 64bit)...
>>
>> (it's the old old Microchip MCHPFUSB driver used e.g. with
>> PIC18F4550, driver version 1.3; it's probably not as much a
>> 'driver' as a way to register the PID and VID with the system, more
>> or less; but the library interfacing it, is 32bit only)
>
> From what I can see from their site version 1.3 is the first that
> supports 64-bit and it indeed includes a 64-bit driver (and a 32-bit
> one as well). Also if I understand that correctly the source and API
> information to access the driver is provided as well, so you could
> either compile the library for 64-bit or port it to FPC to solve
> this.

Thanks for diving into this :) even though you didn't have to.

Confirmed, the distribution of this driver I am using,
does contain the 64bit .sys file... and the source code (made in Borland C)
for the .dll. They only provided precompiled 32bit dll by default though.
At least in the download I currently use.

I will come back to this, when I have some time freed after the current 32bit
backend I am writing now, hits a certain milestone ;)

> Regards, Sven

Kind Regards
-L.