On 2017-07-12 15:19, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
ps #1:
   I haven't tried documenting function results yet, so not sure what
FPDOC is going to do with that in this output.

I had a look at documenting function results. There seems to be a bug (or place for improvement) in the HTML output. Even worse, the Linear output writers don't output Arguments at all! :-/

Back to the HTML output. Using the 4 overloaded FileAge functions, the output is as follows:

  Declaration
     // lists all 4 overloaded functions here
  Arguments
     // ...
  Function result
     // ...
  Arguments
     // ...
  Arguments
     // ...
  Arguments
     // ...
  Description
     // ...

As you can see, the "Function result" section only appears once, and only after the first "Arguments" section. I'm thinking the best place would rather be to list all 4 "Arguments" sections, then followed by the "Function results" section.

Alternatively, I can try listing one "Argument", then one "Function result", repeat. I'm not sure if this is possible though, and what happens if one of the overloads don't actually have a result.

Your thoughts?

ps:
  I can send you a screenshot in private if that will help visualise
  things better. The FPC mailing list doesn't seem to like attachments
  at all.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/