On Fri, 21 Jul 2017, Anthony Walter wrote:

When I register a component with the IDE it is installed from a package.
The package has a name. I want to know the name of the package, given a
class type of a component registered in the IDE.

See this issue:

procedure RegisterForm(const Package: string; FormClass: TCustomFormClass;
const Category, Caption, Description, Units: string);

I would like to simplify this further by omitting the Package string if it
could be computed from the FormClass parameter.

So you mean a lazarus package. In that case, you had better ask this on the lazarus mailing list ?

By sending the mail here, I was not sure whether you meant (future)
dynamic package support or current Lazarus package support.