Christopher Seiwald scribbled this message on Aug 18:
> It's a pretty straightforward change to bypass the insertion sort for
> large subsets of the data.  If no one has a strong love for qsort, I'll
> educate myself on how to make and contribute this change.

why don't you implement this w/ the 5 element median selection qsort
algorithm?  my professor for cis413 talked about this algorithm and
that it really is the fastest qsort algorithm...   I don't have any
pointers to a paper on this... but I might be able to dig some info up
on it if you are interested...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                              Voice: +1 541 684 8449
  Cu Networking                                   P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  "The soul contains in itself the event that shall presently befall it.
  The event is only the actualizing of its thought." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson