Howdy,

We know that a lot people are waiting for Firefox 3.6,
but nox@ found a strange bug which is now solved.
The problem was that starting Firefox 3.6 with certain
addons installed was not possible. Now it looks like all
problems are solved and we can start a CFT.
If everything works fine we plan to commit Firefox 3.6 next
weekend. We should also note that the java plugin currently
does not work with 3.6.

What's new in Firefox 3.6

  * Support for the HTML5 File API
  * A change to how third-party software integrates with Firefox to
    increase stability.
  * The ability to run scripts asynchronously to speed up page load times.
  * A mechanism to prevent incompatible software from crashing Firefox.
  * Users can now change their browser's appearance with a single click,
    with built in support for Personas.
  * Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them
    safe.
  * Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports
    poster frames.
  * Support for the WOFF font format.
  * Improved JavaScript performance, overall browser responsiveness and
    startup time.
  * Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.

Please make sure all your addons are compatible with firefox 3.6,
backup your $HOME/.mozilla dir, also you need to reinstall
www/linux-f10-flashplugin10.

here is the patch:
        http://people.freebsd.org/~miwi/gecko/firefox36.diff

A big thanks is going to nox@, Andreas Tobler, Florian Seemts.

Happy Testing!

                                                - Martin on behalf of the
FreeBSD Gecko Team.

- --

|  PGP    : 0xB1E6FCE9  |  Jabber : miwi(at)BSDCrew.de  |
|  Skype  : splash_111  |  Mail   : miwi(at)FreeBSD.org |
|       Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest!          |