Hi all!
I prepare to make plug music server with usb connected hard drive,
formated ext3, since the system is ubuntu 9.04 as default. My
rips are back-uped on spare usb disk, formated as ufs. My idea is
to copy files from ufs to ext3 drive, using freebsd. I would
probably enconter inode problem, since modern linuces use inode
as 256, but bsd uses it as 128. I could use knoppix and format
is with -I 128 flag. In ports available is e2fsprogs package with
some utilities that might help. I could also take another approach
and use rsync to avoid all inode puzzles.
What would you recommend as the most reliable? Mounting ext3 as
ext2 poses the question of making it "dirty" and necessity to
fsck it first on linux system. Also, I found some posts of ina-
bility to have the job done this way on branch 7. I have 8.0
on the laptop I write this and (if memory serves me well) 7.1
on old desktop.
Best reagards

                                   Zoran