Hi!

> UPDATE: Oh, one more thing. Upon loading the ath driver a couple of days ago
> I got a kernel panic and freeze. It panicked and then the system froze. The
> driver can scan for access points and associates to the AP, but then the
> kernl delivers the message in /var/log/message ("kernel: ath0: bb hang
> detected, resetting) that the ath driver froze.

I disabled the reset, and used the 9285 (asus eeepc 1015PE) sucessfully,
while still a bit flakey. I'm in a conference right now, so a bit busy.

See

http://opsec.eu/backup/patch-ath-reset

And if you see 'unknown subtype' messages if doing ifconfig -m wlan0,
maybe

http://opsec.eu/backup/patch-ifmedia

will help as well.

--