Hello All,

The latest release of VirtualBox seems to have broken networking support on
that “hardware.” Under the previous version of VirtualBox, installing the FDNET
package (included with RC1) would provide an automatic fully working networking
support. Programs like FDNPKG, PING, WGET and such worked great. However, with
this last VirtualBox update, this is not the case. PING appears to function
properly. But, everything else seems to fail. FDNPKG throws “failed” messages,
WGET says “Connection reset by server”, etc. I do see that VirtualBox seems to
have configuration settings for an integrated firewall. But, I don’t know if
they were there in the previous release when networking “just worked.” I have
heard that this has also occurred with some Windows installs in VirtualBox.
This leads me to think that it is probably not a problem with the packet drive
or networking inside the VM.

So, does anyone know if it is a VirtualBox configuration issue or a VirtualBox
bug? If it is a configuration issue, do you know how to remedy the problem?

Thanks, Jerome