Hello,

I can't remember exactly how US.KEY was defined but, in most cases that I
know, PC BIOS preassumes that keyboard layout by default is US style, and
you use a "key-like" program to change it. I guess that US.KEY really makes
very few changes to current layout, thus you mostly continue to see the
same layout that you had before using KEYB US.

So first of all would be, are you using any other "keyb-like" program that
gets loaded before or after KEYB?
And if you are not, it would really mean that your BIOS has AZERTY layout
hardcoded, what sort of machine is that?

Best wishes,
Aitor