> On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 00:14:25 -0400, Paul Dufresne wrote:
>> you might find it strange, but here in Quebec, we are totally lost with
>> french keyboard. US is much more usable for us.
>
> Hi Paul, out of sheer curiosity - may I ask how do you actually write
> french without an azerty layout? Are people in Quebec dropping all
> "uncomfortable" accents (é è à ç etc...) in the process, or are you using
> some other trick?
>
> Mateusz

There is é key on our keyboard.
For others accents, we type the accents, then the letter.
You can check:
http://www3.uakron.edu/modlang/french/keyboard.html
You may forget about part 1, I was not even aware about the Ctrl key 'trick'.

Also:
http://www.ergopedia.ca/ergonomic_concepts/List_of_Characters_French_Canadian_Keyboard.html

Also our government have developped a differrent layout with more accentuated
letters on it, it is called canadian multilingual. But even the government seems
to drop it for the good old french canadian keyboard.
So just for curiosity you might look at it at:
http://charsetplus.tripod.com/Keyboard/Latin/ENFR-CAN.htm