Hi,

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Jose Antonio Senna
<jasse...@vivointernetdiscada.com.br> wrote:

>  On  2 january Antony Gordon said:
>  > Try Loadlin with no memory managers installed.
>
>  Good idea.  It worked.
>
>   I was using HIMEMX only, no EMM.
>   Removing the line in CONFIG.SYS much reduced available low
>  memory, but allowed Loadlin to boot Linux from DOS prompt.

I may be stating the obvious, but you shouldn't necessarily have to
edit CONFIG.SYS every time.
Either make a separate suitable config menu item (for "clean" boot) or
press F8 and adjust accordingly.

>   Pity that is not possible to test with EMM only,
>  as JEMM386 requires a XMS manager to work.

Never heard of EMS Magic (TSR)? AFAIK, it's "freeware". Although I
wonder if it's really worth trying every obscure setup, but you can do
what you want.   ;-)

http://www.emsmagic.com/