On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> Replaying a 12 May 2005 mail :-)
>
>> [Freedos-kernel] Analysis: Support for sector sizes != 512 bytes
>
> Hi, I have browsed the CVS kernel a bit, and got the impression
> that it would not be too hard to support sector sizes below 512

Thank you for reviewing and providing a suggested road map.
I have a few other things in my todo queue but once done I will look
further into this.  I would like to add support for GPT disks first,
which I think will be much simpler and I can test.  I will need to
find a drive that exposes 4KB sectors for testing - ramdisks may work
at least initially.   As usual my developing time is limited, most of
which I use trying to figure out where I left off :-) or persuing
other things (lately I have been playing around with Android and how
to build it) but I have a little bit of time off in February so maybe
I can make significant progress then.

Thank you,
Jeremy