I don't know if it's still available, but pts dos has source that you're
allowed to use in your projects.  I haven't looked at it recently, so I
don't remember what license it was released under, (if any) but I do
recall that as long as you held a license for pts dos, you were free to
use the source for your own projects, so that may be an option for you,
even though I don't remember the dtails.  I will have to dig out my copy
and see what it said about distribution, I don't remember what that part