I'm curious as to why FreeDOS is trying to read a:. I've built a VM in
VirtualBox and most things work well, but while digging around looking
for information, I got this after a FIND command.

C:\ELVIS\DOC>find /i "env" e*.htm
.... file list ...
Error reading from drive A: DOS area: general failure

I've triple checked and I have nothing in my autoexec or config that
points to drive A:, nor does A: show up in any of the environment
variables. Of course, that drive is empty.

Not a show stopper, but any idea why it is happening? Is there
anything I can do to stop it?

Thanks.

Troi.