Why not use the CHOICE option  to let the user decide? I have a menu system
which is designed to be used on a network and requires share to be loaded

IMHO this should be used of the FDNET option as well to allow users to copy
their specific packet driver to the /FDOS/NETWORK dir to avoid an error msg
after initial installation..