Mateusz,

really cool.

unfortunately I don't have a linux machine around, so testing must
wait.

may I suggest to use UDP/IP instead of raw packets?

UDP/IP requires just a few bytes set up in the right way, and the
calculation of the IP checksum; shouldn't be too much work.

this would be much easier to use in multi-everything environments like
linux or windows. specifically raw sockets are not available in
standard windows

many thanks anyway for starting this project

Tom

am 31. Januar 2017 um 10:19 schrieben Sie:

> Hi all,

> I write this short announcement to present an alpha version of a new
> software I have been creating these past weeks. EtherDFS is an
> "installable filesystem" for DOS. It installs a network drive that is
> seen like any "normal" drive to DOS and its application, with the
> exception that the actual data is located on a server. The server part is
> called EtherSRV and currently only a Linux version of it exists. EtherDFS
> uses raw ethernet frames to communicate with EtherSRV - this means only a
> working packet driver is required, nothing else.

> More information on the project's homepage:
> http://etherdfs.sourceforge.net

> I cannot stress enough the fact that this is an alpha version - it's in a
> very early stage, and lots is to be done yet. It does work however, and
> seems stable enough so it shouldn't make your PC explode. Its memory
> footprint is quite huge for now, since its resident size is of 16 KiB.
> Future versions will surely improve on that. Also, it *should* work with
> MSDOS 5+, but I tested it only with FreeDOS so far.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Tom Ehlert
+49-241-79886