>> 2017-02-03 Ralf Quint:
>
>>> Well, that works only with VMware, but unfortunately not with
>>> VirtualBox, AFAIK.
>
>> Right.
>
> As with drivers for other things, it would still be good to
> include vmsmount for those who use vmware to run FreeDOS :-)

Vmware uses vmdk images, my VirtualBox images are VHD. So that’s a whole new
story.

I don’t see much use in including vmsmount on VHD image. And I have no
experience with converting everything to VMDK images, how reliable they work
with VirtualBox on Windows, Ubuntu and Mac hosts or how they can be mounted
from the host OS. So that would require some researching and creating and
converting and re-writing.

At the moment I would prefer a separate image for vmware users.

@Eric and @Ralf: About the clean FreeDOS 1.2 VirtualBox image:

I have done it: It is now EXACTLY what you get by installing manually with the
FD12CD.iso and accepting everything. No networking. :-)

See: https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/?page_id=21
<https://www.lazybrowndog.net/freedos/virtualbox/?page_id=21>

cheers
Ulrich