From: Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de>

Hi Rugxulo,

> Regarding PCMCIA hard disks, I think Deskwork.de (defunct?) had once
> made public some partial DOS support (TP "unit") that was
> semi-archived by one FreeDOS enthusiast:
>
> http://ericauer.cosmodata.virtuaserver.com.br/soft/by-others/

Note that the Cosmodata mirror should only be used when there
are technical problems with the main site, to avoid wasting
bandwidth in Brazil. So please use the following link instead:

https://www.auersoft.eu/soft/by-others/

You probably mean the "DeskWork PCMCIA Unit" source code. This
is a source-only donation of code: FreeDOS experts are invited
to use it when building PCMCIA drivers, but the sources are no
complete driver themselves.

Deskwork was a graphical user interface for DOS and Windows in
style of Star Trek consoles. It also included native apps and
some drivers, so it was more than just a GUI. There are a few
YouTube videos of the software in action, for example in QEMU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaSgLKptnrk

(that user apparently did everything by keyboard - DOS fan :-))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_VoM8An6v8

(old interview: main developer, more graphical demo of the GUI)

Cheers, Eric

--- Internet Rex 2.29
 * Origin: capcity2.synchro.net - 502/875-8938 (1:2320/105.99)

---
 * BgNet 1.0b12 = CCO * KY/US * 502/875-8938 * capcity2.synchro.net
--- Synchronet 3.15a-Linux ListGate 1.3
 *  Capitol City Online - Frankfort, KY - telnet://capitolcityonline.net