> On May 7, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
>
> Some email address was playing back old messages, don't know why. I
> unsubscribed the email address from the list.

Well, here is my guess on the event.

There are many sites that mirror the FreeDOS mailing list archives. The easiest
way to perform that task is to just subscribe to the list and let SF send the
server any updates. Many of the messages in the mini-flood have truncated
subject lines. So, my guess is the server had an and error that caused its
cache to be dumped into postfix (or other mail client) and off they went.
Possibly caused by an attempted hack of the afflicted server.

Or, bug in SF mailing list.

But, that is all just speculation. Since it was such a short lived flood and
wasn't one of my servers, I'm not concerned enough to dig through my email
archive to compare the headers with the recent messages to see if I learn
anything from them.

> Has it happened in the last 4 hours?

Think there was just that one single flood of about 320 messages early this
morning.