On 8 Oct 2013, at 10:10, Russell Mike <radius....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi List Members
>
> i have been reading archives and tying to understand for some days now, but
> unsuccessful. i am currently working to extend data volume control up to
> 10GB, which is requirement for the organization. Is anyone able to manage
> more then 4GB using CoovaChilli & Freeradius? Since there is no one piece of
> information available on the net. Until now, i am unclear about the
> components needs to be fine tune. i understand that FR has 32 bit integers
> but it is not the limitation to manage more than 4GB, if NAS supports the
> "Gigaword" attributes. It seems that my "sql_counter" or MySQL it self is the
> problem.
>
> NOTE: It is working setup up to 4GB, if i assigne 6GB to a user, counter
> rolls up on 4GB
>
> 1.) I came across a post where guys are tell that sqlcounter module uses
> 32-bit integers in it's source code. Should it be change to 64-bit integers?

Yes. I've just done this in 3.0.x and master branches. Check and reply
attributes will now be treated as unsigned 64bit integers.

There's no downside to this and the change should be fully backwards compatible.

> 2.) CoovaChilli has built in support for "gigaword" attributes, which is
> enable.

Ok.

> 3.) is it possible by rlm_sql or rlm_perl must be used

Well yes, rlm_sql needs to be used. The default queries will correctly convert
Acct-Input-Octets and Acct-Input-Gigawords into a proper 64bit value which is
stored in the database.

> 4.) Counter rolls up on 4GB.

You'll need to create a local 64bit attribute to use as the check and reply
items

Something like:

ATTRIBUTE       Acct-Input-Octets64     3005    integer64
ATTRIBUTE       Acct-Output-Octets64    3006    integer64

And specify their value in bytes.

It might actually be an idea to add those to the internal dictionary to make it
a bit easier.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudba...@freeradius.org>
FreeRADIUS Development Team