Dominique Goncalves ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> On 6/1/06, Henri-Pierre Charles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello, just for information, I have started a project in my university
>> "Bureau portable", based on Freesbie2 and FreeBSD6.1. The goal is to
>> give an iso containing all the software usefull for the students.
>>
>> http://libre.uvsq.fr/index.php/projet-bureau-portable/
>> (in french only)
>>
>> It works actually pretty good. Actually the user has to login with
>> "root" in order to lauch xfce4. Is it possible to lauch it directly,
>> without using a login ?
>
> You can use this example of using gdm and pam to autologin a specific user
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/faq2.html#q23
>
> If there is an another way to autologin a user without using gdm I'm
> interested ! :-)
>
> HTH.

Geeky way:

Open /etc/gettytab and add the following rows at the bottom:

freesbie:\
        :al=freesbie:ht:np:sp#115200:

Assuming 'freesbie' is the user you want to login. Then edit /etc/ttys,
find the ttyv0 line and substitute "Pc" with "freesbie" or whatever
label you putted in gettytab.

ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty freesbie"   cons25  on      secure

Then kill -HUP 1 to make changes effective. To make X autostart, I
modified my .cshrc, you can do the same depending on your chosen shell.
I added a row:

[ "$?DISPLAY" = "0"] && [ "$?SSH_CLIENT" = "0" ] && startx

Bye,
Dario

--
Dario Freni ([EMAIL PROTECTED])