Hi Thomas

Some is, some isn't (I listen to some asx and realaudio radio stations for example).

I solved the problem with sox and lame:

sox -t ossdsp -w -s -r 44100 -c 2 /dev/dsp -t raw - | /usr/local/freevo/runtime/apps/lame -x -m s - ./test.mp3

Now for the fun python bits :)

Cheers
Paul

Thomas Schueppel wrote:

        From what I understand the internet radio is already
        encoded (mp3?). Hence the easiest way would perhaps be
        to just copy the audio into a file. This should work
        with mplayer/mencoder.

l8r...
Thomas