From: Neil Elkins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 25 October 2000 14:29
To: multiple recipients of
Subject: Transport

---
F R E N D Z  of martian
---
I know everyone on this list likes a good conspiracy theory, so I thought
I'd write some thoughts down.

I reckon they're winding down the railways because they're unprofitable.
They're making it as inconvenient as possible; *every* train i've got in the
past week has been late, and we're suddenly having to put up with ticket
checks to get out of the station as well. It's never been this bad before.

They did this during the fuel strike, too. You'd think they'd have taken the
opportunity to convert some motorists, as it were, but instead they just
made the whole experience as nasty as possible.

I can see a day when the major railway stations are nothing but car parks
with shopping centres attached. Remove the trains from Paddington (or even
Temple Meads the way it's going lately) and that's pretty much what you're
left with.

Sent to you via the frendz list at marsbard.com

Sent to you via the frendz list at marsbard.com