Jochen,

He’s out of his friggin mind.  There are those who feel that the risk arising
from the stultification of our political system was so bad that it justified
taking this sort of existential risk (Hey, Dave!), but I am not one of them.
Small interesting things ARE starting to happen, (meetings amongst scared
non-crazy people in congress) and I am grateful for those, but whether they
will develop in time to rescue us, is by no means certain.

People keep offering me as comfort the fact that the South Koreans aren’t
worried …. 30 million people on the edge of obliteration from conventional
shells full of sarin.  Why does that not comfort me?

No, we are back to the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson

Clark University