"I know, I know, functional programming is as fun as hitting your head with a
brick."

It is fun!

"It is a bit scary letting go of "central control" Classes provide, very human.
I mean, who's *boss*?"

The caller is the boss.  With FP you know that arguments are all read-only.

This gives you unambiguous dataflow and you know when parallelism can be done
because the arguments just tell you.

let c = f(a)

..can run at once with..

let d = g(a)

..but not with..

let e = h(a,c)

Also "=" here isn't assignment, it is equality.

If I have a project that isn't FP, I make it into an FP project because it is
the right thing to do.

Marcus