REMEMBER TO SET YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD SATURDAY NIGHT!
Call 410.581.2322 for more information about any of these events:

SATURDAY, April 1
4 pm PROGRAM COMMITTEE meeting -- ever wondered how we get these wonderful
programs we have every week at BES?  Come see how the program committee
operates as we discuss plans for the summer and for next season.  Consider
volunteering to join this or some other BES committee -- we exist and function
thanks to volunteer effort.

5:30 pm POTLUCK DINNER -- following the program committee meeting we'll have a
potluck dinner, followed by set-up for the coffeehouse.  Bring a dish to share.

7 pm COFFEEHOUSE -- Our April Fool’s Day host will be the always amusing Walter
Massey, with featured performers poet & BES member Rosemary Klein and flautist
Jan Seiden.   Rosemary is Exec. Dir. of Maryland State Poetry and Literary
Society, and the author of the award-winning chapbook “The Absolute Heart.”
Jan has performed in concert and at numerous powwows and cultural gatherings
throughout the United States, as well as on television. She has also conducted
successful programs of healing music for hospital patients recovering from
traumatic brain injury, in non-responsive deep coma, with neuromuscular
diseases, and for seniors’ centers rheumatoid arthritis groups. Her solo CD
“Woodland Winds” will be available for purchase.
An open mic will follow the featured artists. Sign-up at 7 pm.

SUNDAY, April 2
am MOVABLE TREATS for Movable Feast -- bring your baked goods contribution to
BES Sunday morning or call Ron at 410.363.3140 to arrange a pickup if you can't
make it in.
MOVABLE FEAST has provided the following dessert guidelines: 1) No nuts. 2) No
alcohol.  3) Avoid heavy icing. 4) If possible, prepare desserts in small
individual portion sizes–cupcakes, cookies, separately packaged slices, etc. 5)
Label what’s in your package. (Not ingredients but type of dessert: cookie,
cupcake, etc.)

9:30 am POETRY GROUP
Bring poems that move you or that you have written to share and discuss.
Contact Karla at poet at baltimoreethicalsociety.org to find out what this
morning's theme is, and to be added to her e-list for future meetings (first
and third Sundays).

10:30 am PLATFORM "Letting Go" Fritz Williams, BES Leader
We say it often.  Wistfully.  Regretfully.  “If only I knew how to let go.”
We realize that we’re trying to exercise control over our lives and
circumstances in ways that are futile and counter-productive.  Yet, we speak of
letting go without giving much thought to what it is we’re proposing to let go
of.  Or how we are going to reconcile letting go with having strong personal
values, standards, and aspirations.  Fritz Williams tries to get a grip on
letting go.

12:30 pm BOARD MEETING -- All members are welcome to sit in.  Come see how much
fun we can incorporate into our work so that if you are approached by the
nominating committee, you'll be ready with an enthusiastic "yes."

MONDAY, April 3
midmorning (tba) MOVABLE DELIVERY -- Ron will not only deliver our treats to
Movable Feast, he is offering to make home deliveries of meals.  It requires
about an hour of time to deliver about 5 meals.  Movable Feast provides the
meals and the route.  Any one who is available and interested should call Ron
at 410.363.3140 (if you're not available this month, we can plan for next
month).  Afterwards, we could have lunch ourselves :-)