Saturday, April 8
6pm Potluck Dinner@ SolomonsÂ’ featuring Phyllis and Sylvain Ehrenfeld from the
Bergen County Society who are 2 of the AEU representatives to the United
Nations.   They report on the UN in monthly articles which appear in a number
of newsletters and websites.
Gather at 6, dinner at 6:30 (bring a dish to share).  Call 410.363.3140 for
directions and information, and so they'll have an idea how many are planning
to attend.

Sunday, April 9
10:30am Special treat -- our musical selection will be performed by pianist
Solande.  She will also stay and play for a while after the social break.
10:30am "What I Learned About Women at the UN" -- Phyllis Ehrenfeld, AEU UN
Representative & President of the Bergen County Chapter of UNA-USA.
Historical and religious images of women are explored and connected to the
struggle for human rights that began at the UN with Eleanor Roosevelt and
continued with Mary Robinson, former High Commissioner For Human Rights.
12:15pm Ethical Action meeting --  Items which may come up for discussion
include:
1) Our need for a couple more people to call members and friends each month to
remind them about Moveable Treats. Please volunteer if you're willing to help.
2) The possibility of taking a BES group to the Darfur rally in DC on April 30.
3) Planning our new 2nd Sunday ethical action programs that will be an adjunct
to the Sunday platform each month. These programs will begin on May 14 with
Joan Bromberg's suggestion of preparing cards and messages in support of HR
2487 (Preserving Medicare for All Act), a bill proposing corrections and
changes in Medicare Part D.
4) Any other ideas for letter-writing and lobbying issues.