Our monthly Coffeehouse Saturday night, the Poetry Group early Sunday
morning, and Fritz at our regular meeting. Details follow.
Also remember *Movable Treats* this Sunday.

Bring your desserts to our meeting or give Fritz and Belva a call if you need
to have them picked up.  Remember, our desserts go to Moveable Feast, an
organization that provides meals for people who are home-bound because of AIDS
and cancer and for their families throughout the Greater Baltimore area.  Once
again, the dessert guidelines: 1)  Avoid desserts with nuts or peanuts. Mark
them if they contain nuts.  2)  No desserts containing alcoholic beverages.  3)
 Avoid heavy icing.  4)  If possible, use sandwich or snack bags to wrap
cupcakes, brownies, cookies, cake slices, and sweet breads.  5) Label your
dessert (not the ingredients, just generally what it is).

*Sat Dec 2, 7:00 pm 1st Saturday Coffee House* Neil Deo and Alan C. Reese read
poetry and guitarist Brian Langston provides music. Hosted by
Maryland State Poetry & Literary Society. An Open Mic Follows.

_Neil Deo_ straddles Africa, Asia and America through birth, heritage and
education. Since 1987 he has published a dozen articles in journals such as
Transafrica Forum and Journal of Ethnic Studies. Recently, he self-published
READ AND SPELL WITH SPELLRIDER-1 GAMES (Philadelphia: Red Lead Press, 2005) and
contributed poetry to Washing the Color of Water Golden: A Katrina Hurricane
Anthology, edited by C. E. Laine (Missouri: The Sun Rising Poetry Press, 2006).
Deo is a member of the Greenbelt Writers' Group (last year he shared the stage
with Maryland?s Poet Laureate, Michael Glaser, at a writers? showcase in
Greenbelt); a member of the Maryland Writers' Association; and a Board member
of the Baltimore Ethical Society. He has read his poetry at Baltimore?s Library
of Progress in a PIB (Poetry in Baltimore) event.

_Alan C. Reese_ is the president of Abecedarian Books, Inc. and the Program
Director for the Harford Poetry and Literary Society. He co-founded and edited
Dancing Shadow Review, a long-running and popular literary journal and press.
His works have appeared in Maryland Poetry Review, the Baltimore Sun, Potomac
Review, Passager, and other publications.

_Brian Langston_ describes his music as "an eclectic mixture of punk, folk,
indie, and hard-rock influences performed on acoustic guitar with an emphasis
on lyrics that actually mean something more than everyday pop-fluff couplets.?
His influences range from Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Tom Waits to Modest
Mouse to Nirvana. Brian works by day as Senior Developer at Congruent Media, a
small Internet development and marketing firm. His poetry has been or will be
published in various reviews and journals, including Catalyst, Spectrum, The
Newport Review, Attic, and, most recently, the PoetryInBaltimore.com anthology,
Octopus Dreams.

*Sun Dec 3 9:30 am Poetry Group*
Bring poems that move you or that you have written to share and discuss. Each
meeting we look at poems that loosely relate to a specific topic. Topics are
announced by _Karla_ ahead of time via e-mail. To be added to her e-mail list,
write her at poet at BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org

*Sun December 3: 10:30am ?Filthy Lucre? Talk by Fritz Williams, Leader*
followed by discussion and then social time.

At Ethical Culture meetings and workshops, we often discuss ethical dilemmas,
the difficult decisions we face from time to time when there is no absolutely
right or wrong course of action. These dilemmas produce some lively
discussions. But the fact is, there?s a major arena of our lives which is so
riddled with ethical dilemmas that we can scarcely talk about it. It?s the role
money plays in our lives and the degree to which our lives are shaped by
efforts to get ahead financially. Fritz Williams raises the lid on troubling
personal ethical dilemmas that revolve around money.

_Fritz Williams_ is Leader of the Baltimore Ethical Society and serves as
primary speaker, teacher, pastor, and organizational leader. Fritz also
performs weddings and commitment ceremonies. He has worked as a parish priest
in the Episcopal church, and as a writer and producer at public TV stations in
Harrisburg, PA, and Detroit, MI.