THEY'RE COUNTING ON US!

This Sunday, August 5, is Moveable Treats Sunday.  The people who are ill and
handicapped and their families who receive our desserts tell us they really
look forward to them.  Bring your desserts, homemade or purchased, to BES with
you on Sunday and give them to Belva or Em.  We have many new members and
friends, and we hope many of them will want to participate.  For more
information speak to Fritz or one of our board members.

The guidelines are simple:  1) If possible, use sandwich or snack bags to wrap
cookies, brownies, cupcakes, sweet breads, and cake slices in serving-size
portions. 2) Label each dessert to indicate generally what it is. 3) Mark your
desserts if they contain nuts or peanuts. 4) Avoid heavy icings. 5) Do not
bring desserts that contain alcohol.

This Sunday, BES member Fritz Schwartz will be facilitating a summer discussion
of immigration questions and policies.