Members & Friends,
Parents, kids, grandparents, all are welcome to attend a picnic in Vienna VA on August 8 that will introduce Camp Quest Chesapeake and explain its week-long camp session that will be held in 2011 for campers 8-17 (the older campers ages 16-17 will be able to apply to be Counselors-in-Training). This program is independent of, but affiliated with Ethical Culture and other humanist and free-thinking organizations; it is open to all, so tell your friends and neighbors about it.

Mary Bellamy of the Northern Virginia Ethical Society notes that “The picnic should be fun, as all picnics are. In addition, it will be an opportunity to meet Sarah Menon, the camp’s executive director…I’m getting excited already [especially as] I think that the camp is going to provide opportunity for the kids in our societies to get to know each other better as well as meet kids from other freethinking families in the area, and the picnic is the first step in that process. The August 7-13, 2011 camping venture will be take place just north of Keezletown, VA, at a beautiful facility in the Shenandoah Mountains (the cost is still to be determined).

Additional information is available at https://sites.google.com/site/campquestchesapeake/picnic

Camp Quest Chesapeake is an outgrowth of Camp Quest. Camp Quest—a coalition partner of the AEU—was founded in 1996 as the first residential summer camp in the U.S., U.K., and Canada designed specifically for children of non-theistic parents and others of a naturalistic world view.
Thanks to Hugh for sending this information along to us.
*
Stephen Meskin
*

Treasurer, BES