Dear friends of the Baltimore Ethical Society,

There are two special events on morality and social justice at the
Johns Hopkins University that we hope you can attend.  Both are free
and open to the public.

Next Wednesday, November 28, at 4:00 pm, the noted philosopher and
cognitive scientist Prof. Daniel Dennett will deliver a lecture titled
"What does cognitive science have to tell us about free will and
responsibility?"  Many of us know Dennett as one of the "Four Horsemen
of the New Atheism," together with Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, and
the late Christopher Hitchens.  The lecture is in Hodson Hall 110
on the Hopkins Homewood Campus.  Details and abstract here:

    Meetup:    http://meetu.ps/qjTKC

    Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/events/395562803855394/

Join us for a screening of the documentary "The House I Live In" on
Tuesday, December 4, at 6:00 pm in the Bloomberg School of Public
Health.  This film by Eugene Jarecki reveals failures of U.S. drug
control policy.  The program will begin with a panel discussion on
local efforts to reform our justice system.

The BES Ethical Action Committee has arranged for 40 seats to be set
aside for BES.  Reservations are required by Nov. 27 (at no cost).
Please reply to bmorethi...@gmail.com or call Kate LaClair at
201-978-3191 to reserve your seat.  Details here:

    Meetup:   http://meetu.ps/qff1C

    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/170353586442723/

We hope you can join us.

Emil Volcheck, President