Hi all,

Just a reminder to all those interested that there is a rally to stop
KeystoneXL tomorrow in Washington DC. Karen E., Hugh, Laura, and myself are
confirmed. If you would like to join us (feel free to bring friends!), meet
at Lafayette Park (Across from the White House) around 11:30AM. My cell
number is 201-978-3191, so we can find each other. Remember your BES
t-shirt, and plenty of water and sunscreen. This is global warming after
all!

In case you need some inspiration, in Canada (where the pipeline
starts) tar sands oil has been spilling for 6 weeks straight in Cold Lake,
Alberta in the traditional hunting grounds of the Beaver Lake Creek. But
Alberta's energy regulators didn't tell anyone it was happening for weeks,
and even now they don't know what happened -- or even how to stop it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/emma-pullman/albertas-underground-tar-sands-oil-blowout_b_3543481.html
In related news, a shallow-water Gulf of Mexico drilling rig has partially
collapsed off the coast of Louisiana after catching fire because of a
ruptured natural gas well.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/24/hercules-offshore-drilling-rig_n_3645358.html

Get outraged! Then come with me and help do something about it. We can't
afford to go on like this.

Best,

Kate