Yeah I was thinking I might need to do some thing like that.

As an interm solution I might stay with the native implementation (to prove
my app concept) and replace that later, how can I 'know' that a new file
has arrived and get the full file path so I can retrieve it from the native
file system?  I'm not clear how to use the Ftplet to accomplish this as
Thomaz suggested.

-Dave