On Mon, Nov 07, 2016 at 11:14:35PM +0100, Jesús J. Guerrero Botella wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> It seems fvwm-menu-desktop is written for python2.
>
> In gentoo, to make this work nowadays, you need to modify the bang to
> #/usr/bin/python2, otherwise, the default python 3.x interpreter is
> fired and the menu fails miserably.
>
> I am not sure that's ok for all distros and OSes out there so I will
> leave the concrete solution to someone who knows better. Just
> reporting...

It varies wildly across distributions.  On *BSD, /usr/local/bin/python is
often a symlink to python2.  On Debian, for example, it's also handled via
alternatives.

I'm not that bothered at all, but we might have to provide automake support
for this if it becomes too much of a problem.

Or better yet, rewrite the thing in python3.

-- Thomas Adam