On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 08:24:07PM -0700, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This was reported by a Debian user. Please retain the CC to
>> 802604-forwar...@bugs.debian.org in your response, so that
>> the Debian BTS has a record.
>>
>> In short if the mouse cursor is over the root window and hidden with
>> unclutter, when switching pages (and maybe desks), focus is not given
>> to the window under the pointer.
>
> Works fine for me.  I'd need a precise description + config file
> to test this.

Using SloppyFocus with a 2x2 grid of pages with the default config and
the following two key bindings

Key Right A CM Scroll 100 0
Key Left A CM Scroll -100 0

I then run unclutter to hide the mouse after being idle for a second:

unclutter -idle 1 -root

I move the mouse over the root window and wait for it to be hidden.
Once it is hidden
I use the key binding to switch to a new page. After I switch to the
page focus is kept
on the window in the old page and is not transferred.

Note: If the mouse is over a window (hidden or not) this does not
happen and focus is transfered. If the mouse is visible over the root
window this does not happen either. It needs to be hidden.

jaimos