On Wed, Dec 28, 2016 at 3:16 AM, Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 05:34:08PM -0700, Jaimos Skriletz wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Jaimos Skriletz
>> <jaimosskril...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Fixed on the (new) fvwm2-stable branch; patch for the development
> branches will follow one I've figured out how to deal with the
> two repositories.

I have the patches applied to 2.6.7 in my build and it mostly fixed
the error (it doesn't appear with each window open/close), but I
noticed I get a similar error when starting my config and tracked down
FvwmButtons triggering it. The error I get is:

[fvwm][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> reason: 2: The hints have been
ignored because the window's current size would have become invalid.
The new hints will become active when the window generates the next
ConfigureRequest.

[fvwm][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> The application window (id 0xa00004)
  "FvwmIconMan" has broken size hints (inconsistent with current size).
    fvwm is ignoring those hints.    hint override = 0, flags = 370
  min_width = 200, min_height = 140, max_width = 200, max_height = 140
  width_inc = 1, height_inc = 1
  min_aspect = 0/0, max_aspect = 0/0
  base_width = 0, base_height = 0
  win_gravity = 1

    If you are having a problem with the application, send a bug report
    with this message included to the application owner.
    There is no need to notify fvwm-workers@fvwm.org.

To reproduce this

1) FvwmIconMan running with default settings,

DestroyModule FvwmIconMan: *
Module FvwmIconMan

2) Configure FvwmButtons to be just a title

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmButtons: *
*FvwmButtons: Geometry 200x200+20+20
*FvwmButtons: Rows 1
*FvwmButtons: Columns 1
*FvwmButtons: (1x1, Title "Test", Frame 0)

3) Launch two instances of FvwmButtons.

4) After two instances of FvwmButtons are running, close them and the
warning is triggered:

When playing around with this I sometimes get the warning triggered
when I start FvwmButtons. I can always get it to trigger if I have
more than one instance running. I don't seem to get these warnings
launching xterms or closing them. Unsure if it is related to
FvwmButtons, but my more complicated FvwmButtons setup seems to
trigger this every time fvwm starts.

jaimos