Hello,

FvwmIconMan still reports Hint warnings even with the patchs applied.

http://www.mail-archive.com/fvwm-workers@fvwm.org/msg04570.html

Using the current master branch I get the warnings from FvwmIconMan in
the situation it is set to grow/shrink. The easiest way to get this is
use the defaults, such as Module FvwmIconMan TestIconMan, then
adding/removing windows is triggering the following warning.

[fvwm][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> reason: 4: The hints have been
ignored because the window's current size would have become invalid.
The new hints willbecome active when the window generates the next
ConfigureRequest.

[fvwm][GetWindowSizeHints]: <<WARNING>> The application window (id 0x5a00004)
  "FvwmIconMan" has broken size hints (inconsistent with current size).
    fvwm is ignoring those hints.    hint override = 0, flags = 371
  min_width = 120, min_height = 180, max_width = 120, max_height = 180
  width_inc = 1, height_inc = 1
  min_aspect = 0/0, max_aspect = 0/0
  base_width = 0, base_height = 0
  win_gravity = 3

    If you are having a problem with the application, send a bug report
    with this message included to the application owner.
    There is no need to notify fvwm-workers@fvwm.org.

As before they are triggered whenever a window is added/removed from
the list. I looked at the patch and saw the functions that released
and then reset the hints, and if I comment out line 442 in
modules/FvwmIconMan/xmanager.c

     fix_manager_size(man, man->geometry.width, man->geometry.height);

The warnings are not triggered. So it seems to me there is some
race/timing issue where it may fix the size before
XMoveResizeWindow() has finished its task causing the warning to be
fired. At this point I'm unsure how to have fix_manager_size() wait
until the action is complete as to avoid triggering the warnings.

jaimos