On 24/07/06, Jacob Bachmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
seventh guardian wrote:
> On 7/23/06, Jacob Bachmeyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> seventh guardian wrote:
>> > Ok, what about this:
>> >
>> > Some options are now deactivated by prefixing ! to the option. This
>> > will eventually be the default, and the old negative options are
>> > now deprecated.
>> > This is a list of MenuStyle deprecated negative options:
>> > AutomaticHotkeysOff, HilightBackOff, TitleWarpOff
>> >

>> > It's a bit more conservative, yet should still be useful :)
>> >
>> > Cheers
>> >  Renato
>>
>> "the default" in that could be confusing to new users, how about "the
>> preferred form"?
>>
>> ("default" could be taken as all options will be default off.)
>
> You're right. But it will not be the preferred method, it will be the
> only method (hence the other methods being deprecated). Can you find
> me a word for "the only method" that fits here? :)
>
> Cheers
>  Renato
>
>> This would be:
>>
>> Some options are now deactivated by prefixing ! to the option.  This
>> will eventually be the preferred form, and the old negative forms are
>> now deprecated.

Ok, how about:

Some options are now deactivated by prefixing ! to the option.  This
I wouldn't use that word.  This seems to be becoming more complex when
it's actually very simple.  Rewording the sentence above, and adding
what you have below should be sufficient.  I would simply reword that
sentence as:

       Some options can now be negated by prefixing ``!'' to the option.

will soon be the preferred form for all such options.  Any negatable
option for which ! does not work should be reported as a bug.  The other
negative forms are now deprecated and will be removed in FVWM X.Y.

-- Thomas Adam