On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 03:36:12PM -0500, fvwm-workers wrote:
> CVSROOT:      /home/cvs/fvwm
> Module name:  fvwm
> Changes by:   griph   06/08/09 15:36:12
>
> Modified files:
>       modules        : ChangeLog
>       modules/FvwmPager: x_pager.c
>
> Log message:
> * if 0 (with comments) questionable code doing double work
> * all window moves use fvwm builtin
> * temporary workaround erratic icon behaviour

From x_pager.c:

> /* griph: Why does it move the windows off screen if the
>  * desk has been changed? */

I have no idea what this code was intended for.  It's not just
useless, it's even buggy:  if you move a window from a different
desk out of the pager and then cancel the move with the Escape
key, it ends up in the void.  With your patch it is sent back to
the original position when it was dragged out of the pager (which
isn't perfect, but much better than just vanishing).

> /* griph: isn't this almost what Move Pointer does later? */

The additional Move looks pretty useless to me.  The new position
is overridden immediately by "Silent Move Pointer".

> /* This used to move icon windows with
>  * XMoveWindow, and non-icons with
>  * Silent Move, negative coordinates
>  * corrected by display width and
>  * border width and title hight added.
>  *
>  * The if 0:ed code works as before but
>  * with
>  * fvwm moving the icons. I believe it's
>  * incorrectly using at least the title
>  * height /griph */

I don't know whether the new code is better.  I assume you have
tested it with titles on all four sides as well as windows without
a title.  The calculation in the old code is definitely incorrect
as it ignores the title direction.

> /* griph: is't this moving to almost where "Move Pointer"
>  * will move the window next? */

See above.

I think all the code in the "#if 0"s should be removed.

Ciao