On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:12:08 -0600
Jonathan Kotta <jpko...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:56 PM, MK <halfcountp...@intergate.com>
> wrote:
> > But I don't see a way to call a function on a window by name?  Am I
> > wrong?
>
> Have look at "List of Conditional Commands" in the manpage.  Look at
> All, Next, and Prev in particular.  You can also use WindowId if you
> know the window's ID.

Thanks, that will probably work, at least for the first part.

However, I now notice that FvwmPager has a zero length title in the
window list.  Does anyone know of a way to give it a name, or do I have
to patch the FvwmPager source?

Tangential question: am I missing something or is WindowId bordeline
useless?  Isn't this like saying "You can use the exact address of the
variable if you know it"?  Sure, but it is unlikely to remain the same
between invocations and AFAICT must be hardcoded in .fvwm2rc...

--MK