DE> There's no "mimeopen" on my Fedora box. Looks like it comes from
DE> package perl-File-MimeInfo.

Well, sure; that's a manually specified dependency of Fedora's fvwm
package.  Distributions have the luxury of doing that.  But I'm still
not really seeing the point of that change, or the reason it was added.
If that editor is only used for plain text files, what would mimeopen
actually help with?

DE> Fedora can create an alias to fvwm-menu-desktop for compatibility.

Sure.  I think the faster this can be dropped, the better since we can't
even download the original version these days as far as I can tell.

 - J<