On 21 March 2016 at 00:16, Dan Espen <des...@verizon.net> wrote:

Hi Dan,

> I'm not clear on what we can do with Github.
> You mention leaving the web pages and mailing lists on fvwm.org.
>
> For that we need Jason.

Yes, and he's not always around, alas.

> Is it possible to move the whole project to github or some other hosting site?

It is possible, barring mailing lists.  For that we really _do_ need
Jason.  As for hosting of the website, again, Github has the
capability do to that as well---it provides per-project hosting to
have any HTML we like.  But we're not yet in a position to do that,
hence the odd side-shuffle.

Thankfully, for now though, no one's going to notice that side of
things.  When Jason is able to get in contact, then we'll have a
different conversation about what we do with the website.

I see no changes with the mailing lists though---they just work---and
need to, since there's no replacement for them anyway.

Kindly,
Thomas Adam