Control: retitle -1 fvwm: WM_ICON_NAME is sometimes ignored
Control: tags -1 patch
On 2013-02-07 12:56:04 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2013-02-07 12:52:57 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > On 2013-02-05 17:36:11 +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> > > Style * IconTitleFormat %i
> > >
> > > Does that help?
> > No, this doesn't change anything.
> Actually this option solves the problem for the current windows
> (after a Restart fvwm2...), but not for the new ones.
There were two issues:
1. The missing "Style * IconTitleFormat %i", which was useless before
2. So, "Style * IconTitleFormat %i" is needed, but there were still
problems with some windows at their creation. This problem is fixed
in fvwm 2.6.6. I hope Debian will upgrade. In the mean time, I've
found the fix in the Git repository thanks to "git bisect":
Author: dane <dane>
Date: Sat Nov 9 17:20:49 2013 +0000
* fvwm/events.c (HandlePropertyNotify): Disable prior fix suspected of
I've attached the corresponding patch.
Vincent Lefèvre <vinc...@vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
diff --git a/fvwm/events.c b/fvwm/events.c
index abe4f62..33ef092 100644
@@ -3419,8 +3419,15 @@ void HandlePropertyNotify(const evh_args_t *ea)
* if the icon name is NoName, set the name of the icon to be
* the same as the window
- if (!WAS_ICON_NAME_PROVIDED(fw) || (fw->icon_name.name &&
- (fw->icon_name.name != fw->name.name)))
+ if (!WAS_ICON_NAME_PROVIDED(fw)
+ /* dje, reported as causing various dumps.
+ I tried to debug, but so far haven't even figured out
+ how to exercise this logic. Mov 9, 2013. */
+ || (fw->icon_name.name &&
+ (fw->icon_name.name != fw->name.name))
fw->icon_name = fw->name;