On 05/07/2016 12:40 PM, Thomas Adam wrote:
Hi all,

Just looking through a few things, and I thought I'd ask whether fvwm needs to
stlil support color limiting, and color depths for XServers with less than
TrueColor?

These days, 24-bit seems to be the standard, and indeed, I've never yet come
across a server still using only 256 colours.  Whilst I appreciate you can
still go and find such things, do we actually need fvwm to supprort it?

I would suggest to swap out the functionality into a module like bidi but
don't know how hard it is to do that ...

Does removing color limiting affecting things like remote connections?

If so, it shouldn't be removed.

Best,
Thomas

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about
the the universe."   --   Albert Einstein