On 7 May 2016 14:46, "Thomas Funk" <t.f...@web.de> wrote:

> On 05/07/2016 12:40 PM, Thomas Adam wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just looking through a few things, and I thought I'd ask whether fvwm
needs to
>> stlil support color limiting, and color depths for XServers with less
than
>> TrueColor?
>>
>> These days, 24-bit seems to be the standard, and indeed, I've never yet
come
>> across a server still using only 256 colours.  Whilst I appreciate you
can
>> still go and find such things, do we actually need fvwm to supprort it?
>

> I would suggest to swap out the functionality into a module like bidi but
> don't know how hard it is to do that ...

That's not the point, and wouldn't help here. Shuffling code around like
this isn't an option and wouldn't achieve anything. Furthermore, there's no
need to libify depth/colour limiting, such a thing doesn't make sense. It's
a capability, not something to be used directly.

> Does removing color limiting affecting things like remote connections?

No, it wouldn't.

-- Thomas Adam