Hello,

I am using an AZERTY keyboard, and the keys above the lettres don't work
the first time I start fvwm: the action bound to them isn't executed,
and the windows that has the focus receives the keypress. If I simply
restart fvwm (just fvwm, not X), they do work, without me doing anything
else. This is on Linux ; the same config on FreeBSD works.

Here is an excerpt from my config file :

Key ampersand      A 4  GotoPageRaise 0 0
Key eacute         A 4  GotoPageRaise 0 1
Key quotedbl       A 4  GotoPageRaise 0 2

eacute is a key that doesn't exist on US keyboards. Modifier 4 is the
"Windows" keys, other bindings with the same modifier work as expected.

I have :
fvwm 2.5.27 compiled on Mar 30 2009 at 01:33:13
with support for: ReadLine, Stroke, XPM, PNG, SVG, Shape, XShm, SM, Bidi
text, Xinerama, XRender, XCursor, XFT, NLS

X.Org X Server 1.6.1.901 (1.6.2 RC 1)
Release Date: 2009-5-8
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.29-ARCH i686
Current Operating System: Linux girafe 2.6.29-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed
May 20 07:06:02 UTC 2009 i686

HAL is configured to use (this is pretty much the default, except for
the options at the end) :

<!-- If we're using Linux, we use evdev by default (falling back to keyboard
otherwise). -->
<merge key="input.xkb.model" type="string">keyboard</merge>
<match key="/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer:system.kernel.name"
       string="Linux">
  <merge key="input.xkb.model" type="string">evdev</merge>
</match>

<merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">fr-latin9</merge>
<merge key="input.xkb.options" type="string">ctrl:nocaps</merge>
<merge key="input.xkb.variant" type="string" />

I'm not using xbindkeys, nor anything that could interfer (as far as I
can see). Anything else I can look into to see where this comes from ?

Cheers,
--
Fred