2009/9/21 alexworld <alexwo...@wanadoo.fr>:
> a first dynamic menu list my cd drives.

RIght -- fvwm-menu-directory can help you with that.  But unless
you're going to link ivman in with this, I assume you're going to
hard-code this (i.e., the assumption is the CD drives will be mounted
already?)

> those 'cd drives' entry popup a 'media' dynamic menu
> in the 'media' dynamic menu i have a browser entry,
> make iso entry, blank cd entry, track entry, etc.. which needs to popup menu
> etc, etc..

Right -- again you can do this with MissingSubMenuFunction where you
include these "make iso" items along with this menu in addition to
anything fvwm-menu-directory can create for you, or you just hard-code
a static menu with just the options you've mentioned.

> i need to keep the name, and not only the name, i need to pass
> a variable from menu to menu.

No, you need to pass an action to each *item* in that menu -- again,
see fvwm-menu-directory.

> idealy my variable is kind of: bashFuncName_argToThisFunc
> so the MissingSubmenuFunction give this variable (the $0) to a pipe for .sh
> wich call
> bashFuncName "argToThisFunc"

So, fvwm-menu-directory?

> the bashFuncName could now build a new menu containing whatever needed etc,
> etc..

So fvwm-menu-directory?

> and my basic browser is a good simple exemple of that, passing path from menu
> to menu.

So fvwm-menu-directory?

> hope it helps understand, not that easy..

I'm no expert, but I think fvwm-menu-directory might help.  And would
you believe it, I really don't have time to demonstrate it either --
but as luck would have it, it has a good man page.

Oh, you could also go for broke and just use:

Exec exec rox-filer

OR:

Exec exec nautilus

... why reinvent the wheel?  :)