On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 4:29 PM, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:

> I would like to do the two following things with taskbar (as invoked
> by FvwmTaskbar) :

​FvwmTaskBar has been removed, use FvwmButtons + FvwmIconMan instead. This
gives you more flexibility to swallow different launchers, buttons, apps,
etc.
​

> 1)Render taskbar as fixed (no autohide) so that when windows are
> maximized, they do not overlap taskbar (or vice versa).
> Currently, there is overlapping and the windows have to be resized
> manually so that they "fit".

​You can use ​EwmhBaseStruts to reserve area of the screen that is used
when maximizing windows and placing windows. This can be used to keep
windows from covering the panel when maximizing.

> 2)"Dock" apps in the taskbar as per gnome or my fluxbox config.

​I'm unsure what you mean by Dock apps. If you want to make a launcher use
FvwmButtons and you can make your own custom launchers. If you mean
something like a system tray you'll have to use a third party app, such as
stalonetray (which I swallow inside of FvwmButtons).
​
jaimos